Roses or Hydrangeas? Peonies or lilies? It is easy to get lost in the weeds so to speak when choosing your wedding flowers. Finding an experienced florist to help guide you and who understands your vision is crucial. To make sure you get the florist and the bridal bouquet of your dreams, we have gathered these essential questions to go through with your potential florist.
Tip: We recommend printing out this list and bringing it with you to florist appointments!
The Wedding Date
- Is my wedding date available?
- How many other weddings or events will you schedule on the same day?
- Have you done events at my ceremony and reception location(s) before? If not, are you familiar with the sites?
- Are you available to do a venue walk-through before the wedding date? If so, do you charge a fee for this?
- Will you be doing my arrangements yourself or would it be another florist?
- How far in advance of the wedding will you create the bouquets and arrangements, and how are they stored?
- Can you work with my budget?
- Do you require a deposit? When is it due?
- What recommendations can you give me to maximize my budget?
- Do you offer specific packages or is everything customized?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you done?
- Do you have a album of portfolio of your work?
- Based on my wedding style and budget, what set of floral arrangements would I need?
- Which flowers would you recommend based on the time of year/season, color palette, and budget?
- Are you able to provide organic, pesiticide-free, or sustainably grown flower varieties?
- Which flowers can be substituted to better fit my budget?
- If I give you a picture of a bouquet and/or centerpiece that I like, can you recreate it?
- What other décor elements can you provide (vases, aisle runner, candelabras, trees, chuppah, votives, mirrors, etc.)? Are these rental items? How will these items affect the overall cost?
- Can you create sample arrangements before I sign the contract? If so, is there an additional fee for this?
- Will you work with my cake designer if I decide to add flowers to my wedding cake? If so, is there an additional setup fee for this?
- Can you assist me in the preservation of my bouquet after the wedding? If not, can you recommend someone?
- Can I buy loose flowers to use in centerpieces or as table decor?
Payment & Logistics:
- Is delivery included in the price?
- Do you have an extra charge for the setup and breakdown?
- How long do you need to set up?
- What time will you arrive to deliver personal flowers and set up the ceremony and reception arrangements?
- Is there an extra fee if I need you to stay throughout the ceremony to move arrangements to the reception site?
- Are there any additional fees that I should be aware?
- How far in advance do I need to secure your services?
- When is the final payment due?
- When should I finalize the order?
- Will you provide me with an itemized floral proposal of all the elements we’ve discussed, along with prices?
- What is your refund policy if for some reason I need to cancel my order?